Friday, July 14, 2006

The Day I Was Born

I was born on July 13, 2006.
I weigh 8 pounds and 11 ounces. I am 20 inches long.

My name is John Elbert Isaacs IV. But you can call me Jack.

This is my new blog, where I'll astound you with my instant knowledge of the English language and my uncanny ability to type with such tiny fingers. But enough babbling, let's get to the good stuff...

Here's a picture of me an hour after I was born:


The delivery went really well. But don't think it was a piece of cake or something. I mean, it was no easy task squeazing my big ol' head... uh, never mind - you get the picture.

But my mom did do a great job of getting me outta that dark place and into the light. In fact, it was only a matter of minutes before I managed to pry open my left eye and catch my first glimpse of the world (or should I say, my dad's huge face peering down at me).

Lots of people were there to welcome me into the world. And they all kept saying how much I look like my older sister looked when she was born. Well, I haven't even met her yet, so who knows, maybe they're right.

How about this - you can be the judge. Here's a picture of my older sister Olivia, taken two days after she was born:



I guess I kind of see the resemblence, but you would never find me sporting a white flower in my hair. No sir. No thanks.

I'm happy with my camouflage beanie, thank you very much.



No comments: